Thursday 7 August 2014

Artistic Approach...

As I was walking along Pitt St in the corner of my eye I sighted a mammoth art work, I was drawn towards the detailed work of art. As I observed the work I was intrigued by the detail, the density and precision used to create such a marvellous piece. The piece reflected 'The last judgement', the vivid colours and complex nature of the work encapsulated me and the passers by that gazed in awe of the artists talent. The artist was not only working on the beautiful piece, but had also created numerous smaller works for the public to take with them that were placed in front with a sign stating 'Free, Please take one'. The artist was connecting with his audience on a very personal level through sharing his talent and allowing the audience to keep his art as a token of remembrance. I found this to be a unique characteristic that I have not previously observed, the audience could feel an emotional bond with the artist and his work through this beautiful practise. I felt as though the artist truly wanted to share his passion with us, not only was his artistic approach authentic but also very intimate and welcoming, through this a distinctive and sincere atmosphere was created.